Monday, March 3, 2014

State of the Fish

     I have scheduled my annual "State of the Fish" meetings for this month. On Tuesday the 18th we'll be at the Frisco library, in the Buffalo Mountain Room, at 6:30. On Wednesday the 19th we'll be at the Granby public library, also at 6:30. These meetings will follow an open format, and we'll talk about whatever waters folks are interested in talking about. There are a few regulation items I'd like to discuss, if anyone in attendance is interested:

  • Grand Lake lake trout
  • Granby lake trout
  • Dillon char
     I hope to see lots of folks come out for these. I'll stick around for as long as anyone wants to hang out and discuss things.

     Aside from that I'm having trouble coming up with topics for posting right now. I need some ideas from you folks. 

     February was a ridiculously warm month, and these reservoirs are not going to make it to April 1 with the ice on if this weather keeps up. Things are changing fast. It's looking like the earliest ice-out I've seen since I've been around here. I wish that wasn't the case because I'm not going to be ready for it before April 1.

     I'm headed up to Laramie for our annual American Fisheries Society meeting/conference, which is always a great experience, with lots of information being exchanged and new ideas being born.

     



4 comments:

  1. Hi John,
    I know it is out of you range but how about some info on the floods that happened here last year and what the fish and bug populations look like today and what will the future hold? See some good healthy fish but also see the places that have no structure anymore and all the stream side agitation is gone.

    Josh
    josh@rockymountainflyfisher.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon- I was hoping to be able to attend one of these meetings but I not be able to get off of work. Is there any way to get meeting minutes of highlights of topics discussed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing,... the content are quite interesting.. it surely help me on ..Thanks for the helpful information....

    Fish finder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jon.

    As somebody who spends much of the summer in Grand County but won't be able to attend the meeting, is there anyway you could record the meeting? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete